We have Hatchlings =D

Discussion in 'Betta Breeding' started by damprye, Mar 21, 2010.

1. d

damprye Valued Member Member

Did I take Daddy out too soon?

I just went to go check on my tanks before headed to bed and noticed that my Daddy betta was rushing about, on closer inspection I seen that the cluster of eggs were broken up and that there were a few eggs dropping and some of them bobbing back up with Daddy trying to keep them all up lol. It is so cute to watch, one of them in particular was dropping down then wriggling its little tail to get back up (Daddy was preoccupied with the others at this time) and the poor little bugger couldn't seem to find his nest and kept drifting back down, Daddy soon realised and helped his lil fry back to bed :)
    My boy went from being like :;voices to :;juggle but I know it is normal and I can't wait till morning as I know there wil be more :;ha

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on the fry!
    Carol

3. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

WooHoo!!
    Congrats on the hatch :D

4. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's awesome! Congratulations!

5. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

YAY! Congrats on the FRIES!!

6. OP
    OP
    d

Thanky you :) and here are some pics since I didn't get any of the last lot :;a1

Attached Files:

7. Flyfrod

Flyfrod Valued Member Member

Congrats on the lil ones.

8. OP
    OP
    d

9. Algae Eater

Algae Eater Well Known Member Member

Aw, how cute!

10. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

11. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Congratulations! What a striking male.

12. OP
    OP
    d

I will be using this thread to update my growing family if that is allowed :)

My best pic so far... rsz_1sdc11273.jpg I like it because they look like they are just all staring at you :)

Daddy betta is doing a much better with his little juggling act now and has calmed down alot even with such active fry, I know I couldn't look after so many bubbas as well as he can, one is enough for me lol. You really can't help but admire them and not just for their beauty ^_^

Just had the biggest heart attck today.

I went out to check on my fry and couldn't find them :eek:

I finally spotted one on the side of the glass and decided since it looks like they are all gone that I would take Daddy out. As I put the net n to fish him out I noticed a LOT of fry swimming around lol, compared to the tank they were invisible but with the white net as a background you can see hundrends of little fry swimming around.

Daddy is now back in his tank and the fry are no longer swarming my tank, instead they are mostly hanging off my plant, perhaps it is feeding time or maybe I took Daddy out too soon? They do dart off for a swim but are mostly just with the plant. They are about 72hours old. Your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

maybe I should just keep making threads so that my questions can get answered ?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  13. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

14. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;dkI dont see a question just asking for opinions?

15. OP
    OP
    d

I also have another one, how do I change the water in the fry tank, i tried syphoning the waste as well but I seem to be either sucking up my fry or not getting anything, each time I make an attempt to clean it up I feel like I am just putting my fry in even more danger :;dk what can I do?

Pic 1. My 10day old fry =D
    Wow those little buggers are hard to photograph, I could only get the one half decent pic lol, as they grow I should be able to get photos of the lot of em

Pic 2. Wow there are alot more than three I thought I was catching on camera LOL, the rock was an easy place to focus on but there are like hundreds of little fry swimming around their tank.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice