We Got Another Guinea Pig!

1. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

The one I marked with a blue dot. He was super sweet when we met him yesterday. I can't get him off my mind.

We're going back to visit him for a while to make sure his personality is good. If it is, we've got a new peeper!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. Ohio Mark

Ohio Mark Well Known Member Member

Cute!

3. Sakura48

Sakura48 Fishlore VIP Member

Adorable things!
    I always liked them for several reasons, but I only keep hermit crabs.

4. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

He's really nice :) I used to keep a few guineas, I've just got one at the minute. I would have more but he doesn't get along with other guineas.:rolleyes: Do you have a group already that you'll be adding him to or will he be alone?

5. MelloYello

MelloYello Valued Member Member

Man Ive always wanted a pet guinipig. He looks like a sweetheart.

6. OP
    OP
    B

Agreed!

Hermit crabs are cool! I'd love to have some again one day when I have the space to give them a big tank.

We have one male Guinea pig now named S'mores. If they get along, they'll be buddies and live together. If not, he'll stay in my room, S'mores will stay in the play room and I'll bring them out to talk to each other through the bars.

He was so soft and cuddly. I hope he's like that again when we visit today! I love the cuddly ones. :)

7. Cherie G

Cherie G Valued Member Member

I am so jealous! Just kidding, what a cutie! I love guinea pigs, they are so cute and full of personality! I can't have one now as my dog has this thing for trying to kill small animals so I would never take the chance. My family had one years ago and just loved her like crazy. She used to whistle and chirp and make all kinds of crazy cute sounds. They are great pets!

8. OP
    OP
    B

They are adorable. It was between this Guinea pig or more rats and I have a feeling about this one...I think I need more time to grieve my girls before I get more, anyway. I'd compare too much. I miss them. :(

This is our current peeper S'mores -

image.jpg image.jpg

9. Cherie G

Cherie G Valued Member Member

What adorable pictures! Really sorry for your loss! I'm sure you will know when the time is right, it is wise to give yourself the necessary time before bringing a new critter into your home & heart. A family friend's dog passed away last year, he missed her so much he adopted too soon and ended up doing just what you mentioned, comparing the new dog to the one he lost and ended up returning her to the shelter. It was just too painful for him. Fortunately another family had been wanting to adopt the dog he returned so worked out ok but better to hold off like you said. When you are ready I hope you post pictures and stuff, good luck!

10. OP
    OP
    B

Definitely will when I do feel like I can get rats again.
    We're about to leave to go visit Capybara (what I mentally named the brown guy yesterday). Hopefully he's as sweet today as he was yesterday. :)

More pictures of S'mores because he's adorable:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

11. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

Adorable little thing!!! I would love to get another pair of guinea pigs.

Those pics are definitely not helping ;)

12. OP
    OP
    B

Hehehe. I have so many pictures of him. I'm going to have to see if my mom has the picture of him as a little baby.

13. Bettanewb

My phone is full of them. I had to put my last little boy down this past Christmas eve. They're still my wallpaper on my phone.

14. OP
    OP
    B

I am so sorry for your loss! :(
    How long did you have him for?

15. Bettanewb

Thank you. I had them Five and half years list them both the same year.

The first I lost to bloat. The second had a condenital birth deffect and had several surgeries the vet was shocked at how long he lived with such a great quality of life.

I kept all my stuff from them cage ECT cause hey you never know :)

Hopefully this new boy will work out for you!!

16. OP
    OP
    B

I'm sure they had great lives with you!

Lol, I keep everything from pets. Only thing I need for this guinea pig is a food bowl.

I hope so too!

17. Bettanewb

Thanks so much!! They really special little critters.

18. Bettanewb

Keep us posted about the possible new addition!!!

19. OP
    OP
    B

I will! :D
    My mom is currently getting ready. We'll probably leave in around 30 minutes.

20. OP
    OP
    B

Oh, and I finally got a new comforter for my bed! So happy! I've had the same comforter since we moved into this house (4 years ago I think) and it was super kiddy. Can't wait have the new one on my bed! image.jpg