WCMM stuck in my filter vent! Help

Discussion in 'Cyprinids (includes Goldfish)' started by ferreter, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ferreterNew MemberMember

Anyone on line for a quick reply?

I've just removed one of my smaller minnows from the vent in my internal filter, it was trapped by its tail end and he doesn't look too good.

Ive put him in a breeder net with a crushed pea but he's sat at the top breathing heavily and his tail looks as if its compressed together so he's having trouble swimming?

PLEASE HELP!!

2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Awww...poor thing. Why the crushed pea?
    Let him rest. Some extra stress coat, vita-chem and garlic guard might help him calm down, and boost his immune system.
    Good luck, I hope he feels better.

3. OP
    OP
    f

ferreterNew MemberMember

LOL, thought he might be hungry!!

4. bettafish2816

bettafish2816Fishlore VIPMember

so sorry to hear that :(

you may want to consider covering the filter intake with a rubber band and pantyhose or some filter media to prevent him from getting stuck again.

5. OP
    OP
    f

ferreterNew MemberMember

I came down the next morning to find the fish looking reasonably good so I let him out of the keep net & went out to work.
    When I returned I found him & another one stuck in the filter, both dead.
    I've since put a stocking over the filter (Thanks Alex) & found some Golden WCMM's to add to the collection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice