WCMM in Tropical Tank?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Marks, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Marks

Marks New Member Member

Hello Folks,

Bit of an urgent question, sorry if this is covered already but the search gives differing opinions.

I have inherited a 60L Biorb (the devils own work) having tested the water, all readings are off the scale(s) and there are currently 5 WCMM and 4 Zebra Danios in there, I have done significant water changes/dosing and whilst there is some improvement they are not happy at all.

I have a 240L tropical that has plenty of room, my question is; will the WCMM be ok @ 25c? I am comfortable that the Danios will probably be OK....not sure on the Minnows.

TIA

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to FL! :)

They should be fine IMO, definitely better off than they would be in the Biorb. The LFS I used to work at had them breeding in 80 degree water. lol

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Agreed. They should be fine. Most people & LFS I know keep them at about 25c even though they are really a cooler water fish. They will be much happier in the larger tank.

4. OP
    OP
    Marks

Marks New Member Member

Thank You

Excellent, thank you both.

5. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

I'd say maybe at 22.2-23 degrees Celsius, because I think that danios are also subtropical fish, and could withstand cooler temperatures that the WCMMs like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice