WCMM Fin Nippers?

Finatic005
Hello Fishlore,

I just purchased endlers and my biggest female WCMM won’t stop chasing this one male around and is nipping at his fins. Is this common? Will This ever stop? Could the Endler die from stress? Please help this is sad and I don’t really have another tank unless they can live with a betta?

Coradee
Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

yeti79
I have had white clouds and never seen any aggressive behavior from them. Keep my golden and longfins in a 20T with a female betta and cherry shrimp. That behavior probably is stressing the endlers and they will be fine with a betta.

Finatic005
yeti79 said:
I have had white clouds and never seen any aggressive behavior from them. Keep my golden and longfins in a 20T with a female betta and cherry shrimp. That behavior probably is stressing the endlers and they will be fine with a betta.
They stopped the nipping. I think they just had to learn that his long tail wasn’t food. Thanks for the info though. Just wondering, have the shrimp successfully bred with the betta? I’m thinking about orange sakuras

flyinGourami
Finatic005 said:
They stopped the nipping. I think they just had to learn that his long tail wasn’t food. Thanks for the info though. Just wondering, have the shrimp successfully bred with the betta? I’m thinking about orange sakuras
You can breed shrimp with a betta, you just need hiding spaces such as java moss. Make sure your tank has a food source for the shrimp, and you should have a good colony going.

Finatic005
bgntoc said:
You can breed shrimp with a betta, you just need hiding spaces such as java moss. Make sure your tank has a food source for the shrimp, and you should have a good colony going.
Ok. I will most likely try. Thanks!

flyinGourami

Latest threads

Top Bottom