Ways for a kid/teenager to make money.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just thought since there are a lot of kids/teenagers on here, why not make a list on how to make money.  I'll put down some and if you know of any let me know so us children can support our hobby.  If you think this is a bad idea then tell me, I just thought especially for new people at the hobby it would be a good idea.

1. ask for an allowance
2. ask to be paid by your parents by doing work you usually don't for them
3. get a paper route
4. shovel driveways
5. mow lawns
6. start a yardwork buisness
7. get a sports official licsense (I have a soccer liscense and by me you have to be 12 for smurf licsense and it's free and in your teens 13+ for a grade 8 liscense and it's not free but you make tons of money)
8. get a job
9. breed and sell your fish (probably not possible since most lfs's won't buy them
10. babysit
11. Ask your neighbors and family members if they have any odd-jobs they need done. If you have an elderly neighbor they would probably have regular tasks that you could do, especially in the winter and fall
12. In the states, I know that the towns (at least near me) offer summer jobs for 15 yr olds and younger, so if you'd like a steady summer job, inquire at your town hall or ask at your school if they know anything about a program like that
13. wash cars
14. walk dogs
15. rake leaves
16. feek pets while they are away
17. carry in groceries
18. cash in soda cans
19. help with family buisness
people who have contributed=Marc, fish r friend

What other ideas do you have?

Austin

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Shovel drive ways wont always work its not winter all the time and it doesn't snow all the time.
help with family business
sell you brother or sister(j/k even thought that would be helpful at times ;D)

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Personally I work with my dad doing construction - not exactly possible for most people.

The work you'd be doing to make any money off of selling fish (if you're just going for money) could be much better spent, profit-wise

Ask your neighbors and family members if they have any odd-jobs they need done. If you have an elderly neighbor they would probably have regular tasks that you could do, especially in the winter and fall.

In the states, I know that the towns (at least near me) offer summer jobs for 15 yr olds and younger, so if you'd like a steady summer job, inquire at your town hall or ask at your school if they know anything about a program like that.

Wash cars, walk dogs, rake lawns, feed pets while they go away, carry in groceries.... there are a whole lot of little jobs that people are willing to pay for.

You could even ask around for soda cans and cash them in.

Just a warning, though, don't get your hopes up - some people are real cheapskates

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I can't really help my dad, he works for atat. I might be able to get a job a petsupermarket this summer because my friends mom is good friends with the manager by me so she might be able to hire us.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Also, you can ask just to get money for your bday/Christmas. Or if you get a gift card you won't use, see if you can sell it to someone. I sold two gift cards to my mum that I would never use and made a bunch of money. ;D

I make a bit of money between allowance and walking the neighbor's dog...hopefully I can get a real job soon though...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom