Way Too Many Guppie! What Do I Do?

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Gravitys, Jan 11, 2013.

1. GravitysNew MemberMember

I got a three guppies a couple months ago (Two females with one male). Both females gave birth to about 40-45 fry and I have know idea what to do with them. I wanted to sell them but the only petstores around are big name brands that won't accept them. I have two ten gallon tanks the first completely full with guppies and the second has only about 5 fish ( 1 endler, two guppies, 1 gourami). I thought the gourami would eat the fry but so far he seems to be pretty lazy. Is there any fish that will eat them that will fit into a ten gallon tank, or a way to get rid of them.
    My moms against putting them on craigslist and we never have fairs or anything in my city and like I said before none of the pet stores will accept them.
    Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. rm2np4Valued MemberMember

hmm.... maybe you'll have to euthanize some of them. here's a link on how to do that

3. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

I would offer them up as feeders to the stores free or euthanize them. No fish that would eat them would do well in a 10gal. Gourami and betta will only eat very young fry, some gourami won't even do that though.

4. riptide904Valued MemberMember

If your mom would be okay with it, you could sell them online. Best wait till warmer weather though, unless you can buy a heat pack. You could sell on AquaBid, Ebay, or on Fishlore!

5. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I'd try to give them away to fish stores. Don't expect to get any money or anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice