way to add oxygen to the water

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

anybody know of a way to add oxygen to the water besides through an airston or does that not add oxygen either

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

If you have a HOB filter on your tank, the movement the water causes on the surface when it pours back into the tank provides oxygen. Anything that causes water movement helps put oxygen in the tank. ;)

3. vin Well Known Member Member

You could also add a bubble curtain. Similar to an airstone, but they're longer and come in a number of lengths. You can place them vertically or horizontally and you can even join several together to go around corners.

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

i think the air stone plus air pump with a strong current flow from the filter does the job!!!!!

C W

5. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

yes i have an airstone and a bubble wall but they make such a large current that its hard for the fish to get food off the top of the water before it falls down. Right now i am trying to find the things that just put up a few bubbles at a time like ornaments do except its buried under the gravel. I have seen these things in the stores but now i have to figure out what they are. Thanks for the help everybody.

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

You can always turn your filter and air pumps off for a few minutes at feeding time as long as you make sure you turn them all back on after feeding. ;)

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

I have air control/adjustment valves attached to my 2 airlines leading to 2 airstones from the airpump. This way I can decrease and increase the airflow to the level that I want, and to the level at which it's gentle enough for fish. Valves are very cheap and you can get them at any fish store.

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

Those ornaments usually hook up to a small air pump.

9. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

Ya thats what i might do but I am going to start a new post on something similiar to this that i find very interesting.