Way More Excited Than I Should Be

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by KimberlyG, Apr 21, 2017.

1. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

A new betta tank that I had in reserve had a bad LED. I had it for two weeks before I opened it and realized the problem. Couldn't find a receipt anywhere so yes I know I'm bad, but I went to buy another so I could take the bad light back. While there, they had their fish order being opened. (1 girl to open 12 boxes of live fish) I do not buy fish from this particular store and if you saw their tanks you would understand. All of the fish were still floating in their bags and I assumed would be until she opened the remaining 10 boxes of fish. I saw the bag of Endlers and didn't think much about it because I have enough. Then something in the bag caught my eye. A female! I asked the girl how much longer the bag had to float because I was interested in a fish and she said she could get it for me right away. I pointed it out and she got the fish for me (even using the water inside the bag. Score!). As she lifted the bag to put in air she stopped, kinda faltered and said "Um, we don't get females". I told her to write it up as a male because that is what they obviously thought it was. I think she understood that I wasn't leaving without the fish. lol Anyway, a picture of my new little girl! I'm stoked! endlers.jpg

2. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I do not see any female Endler's. I see two differently colored males, and three White Clouds.

3. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

What type chrome? They only carry poecilia wingei.

4. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

There are numerous linebred and hybrid Endler's, I don't know what the bright blue one is called but there are several websites that list them. I know it's a male because it has a gonopodium, as does the standard male in the background. It is fairly apparent that the other three fish are White Cloud Mountan Minnows.

5. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

Actually it's not pink and blue. It's white but turning more tanish. I won't keep it if it's not a poecilia wingei. The man that works at Petsmart has endlers, he and his son go to shows with their club. I'll let it get a little bigger and then ask him if he wants it. (I'm sure he will, he has all kinds of hybrids.) and yes I'm aware my gold clouds are gold clouds. They were the original fish in the cray tank. When I found the endlers I added four to that tank because I didn't have another cold water tank.