Wave makers Question

1. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I've seen some videos about wave makers. What are your opinions? I have a 40 gallon planted tank.

2. Thai Aquarium owner Well Known Member Member

IMO , if you use a wave maker in your planted tank, you will run the likely hood of damaging your plants, or possibly uprooting them

3. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

It would help if you were to say why you feel that you need one in a freshwater tank, I think.
    Strong currents can be had by other methods, such as filter outlet placement.
    I only mention this as I tend to be the sort who, at 3 AM, watches something on TV and becomes convinced that life, as I know it, cannot proceed without a handy dandy waffle and suit jacket straightener ( buy now and get our famous, Satisfaction Guaranteed or No Money Back Lifetime Warranty). :) not poking fun here at anyone but myself, btw, rick

4. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I was wondering about movement in the tank. I understood that some fish like more movement than others.

5. Anthony10 Member Member

Then I would use a power head, it's just a small aquatic fan that pushes water around the tank. I bought two for my 75gal and they work great! Cheap to, I think both costed me around 20$!

-Anthony

6. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I believe the wave makers that I am speaking of is the same thing. I originally had a powerhead in the tank because of an UGF which I removed. The wave maker that I'm speaking of is just a little fan that you attached to the sides of the tank with the suction cup. Around five dollars each on eBay

7. Anthony10 Member Member

Yep! That's the one! :)

-Anthony

8. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

So what do you think? I thought maybe getting 2 putting on each side and angeling them so they had the water go around the entire tank

9. Anthony10 Member Member

Sounds good!

-Anthony