waters everywhere 20 Gallon Tank

1. Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

ok so its not everywhere but its a 20h and i lost about 3inches of water. i had a plastic bag covering the holes since i have crays. i guys the bag caught the water and leaked about 3 i ches of water out of the tank. i hadd put in tss about 2 weeks ago. what should i do? should i leave it until i am cuycled. should be by sunday or monday! help meeee

2. h

hopeful fish Well Known Member Member

Firstly, I'd get a ner tank ASAP. Holes start small, but they grow bigger. I recommend that you test your water parameters now to see if you are cycled. If you are, top it off with some dechlorinated water. If you are not, set out a bucket of dechlorinated water, and if the holes keep leaking slowly, wait 24 hours then top it off to allow the dechlorinator to dissipate. If it starts leaking fast, it's better to have your fish in water than to have a fully cycled tank.

3. OP
    OP
    Nick Della Rocca

ah ha. let me give all the info. its not a hole. i put the; plastic bag around the gaps of the filter. the tank itself is not leaking. the plastic bag was catching the water from the filter. sorry for tge miss information

4. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

What filter is it?

5. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Just add more water to the tank. After two weeks the SafeStart has either worked or hasn't, so the dechlorinator in the new water will make no difference to the SafeStart.

6. OP
    OP
    Nick Della Rocca

the filter is the stock aqueon whisper that came in my 20g kit. its not much water. i am just going to wait. i think in 2 days my tank should be cycled and i will do a water change anyway.

7. Delaneyw

Delaneyw Well Known Member Member

What kind of media is in those? Just the carbon?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. OP
    OP
    Nick Della Rocca

no its a plastic sleeve with a little carbon wrapped in like a wool type material. but i figured it out. the bag got caught in the flow of the water and started to leek out of the bag. just didnt know about adding the water but since imso close to the end of my cycle i will wait it out

9. h

hopeful fish Well Known Member Member

Glad you figured it out! sorry for the confusion about the tank vs filter leaking...

10. OP
    OP
    Nick Della Rocca

np! my fault on the explantion . was 630 am. i get out of work around 1am. was a lityle tired

11. delta5

delta5 Well Known Member Member

I hated CQ duty...