Waterlife Sterazim treatment . Help needed.

Blacksheep1

Hi all , I’d appreciate any insights here . I’ve been treating for flukes with sterazin gill and body flukes meds. It’s a 5 day course dosing on days - 1,3,5,8&10. I did a 60% water change before hand, removed an many snails as I could and the next day started treatment.

over the course of the treatment I’ve noticed more and more aggression between fish. I’m now on day 8 and they WILL NOT stop flashing, sand, wood, plants and even each other !? My black widow tetras now have some missing scales , my angel is shaking and skitting, my lone sterbei Cory went bezerk before and was throwing himself around which is a first. The only fish acting normally are the black neon tetras and the pleco.

im a day over normal wc schedule but I’ve read the bottle and checked the website and none mention a water change so im trying to hold off doing one . The bottle I have treats 200L , i have a 180 tank so if I have to re dose the lost meds I won’t have enough ( my child is off school sick so if I order online then it’ll be too long ) I have checked and nitrates are creeping up at 20 ppm now .

I guess the point of the post is two things -

1- is the aggression/ more flashing / shaking and other un normal behaviours a normal thing, as in the parasites are causing discomfort as they are dying ? Is the med working or is the parasite taking over ?

2- can I do a water change or do I risk messing the dosing up doing this ? Could it just wait another 3 days ?

oh and a bonus question ….

I’ve found some small snails I must of missed that are still alive. This med says none snail safe… if so, how are they still alive with only one dose to go ?

any and all thoughts are massively welcomed because I’m tempted to do two 50% back to back water changes, run carbon for a day and try a new treatment . Feel free to ask anything I’ve missed .
Thankyou in advance you lovely lot !

Blacksheep1

So today is the last day of the treatment. My fish are still flashing and yawning. Does anyone have any insights at all please?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Blacksheep1
Replies
Views
Vix1987
Replies
Views
CrazzyPanda
Replies
Views