Waterfall build

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Currently in the process of rebuilding my waterfall to a mini rapid style design. I realized today while laying out my liner over the retaining walls that I will have vertical faces of exposed liner where it goes over my retaining wall on either side of the waterfall. How can I cover this up?

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Only thought I have, is to have slate or flat rock overhanging the retaining wall and fold the liner back under the slate.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thought of a solution last night, remove the last block of the retaining wall under the liner and lay beach rocks on top and seal the cracks with waterfall foam. It will look natural and water tight.

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
There are different kinds of water fall foam. Which one are you using? Most of them should be fine not covered, but if you have a nice flat rock that you want, you could embed it in the foam. That way you will see the rock and not the liner or the foam.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is Aquascape waterfall foam

Here is the old waterfall

324.jpg

New design as she sits now, it's semi done. I have more cracks to fill in to guide the water where I want it but it's getting close now.

325.jpg

326.jpg

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Before next weekend it should have water flowing and plants in. Haven't decided when the fish are going in.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I haven't hooked it up yet but I plan to have it running by next week. Obviously I will have the water going before plants and fish go in. It's a simple set up I will have 2 pumps running with a combined 1640GPH through ABS pipe run to the top of the falls.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
UPDATE will be picking up my attachments for the pumps tomorrow and hopefully water running by the day after.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IT'S ALIVE!!!! hooked up the pumps and filter today for the first time and she looks pretty good. Disconnected the pumps because I need to add some teflon tape to one fitting. Pic's with plants tomorrow.

barefootsavage

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
it looks like it will be very nice... I am glad to see you taking the time to get it just the way you want it. I personally can't stand seeing my liner in a pond and built the waterfall to carefully conceal it. Can't wait to see the finished product

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here she is with water flowing, more pics in my pond thread under the "pond photos" section

492.jpg

493.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom