Waterbox 10 For 2 Dwarf Cichlids And A Golden Nugget Plecco Ok.???

RyanC14

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Golden nugget plecos get around 6"-9" and most dwarf cichlids need a minimum of 20 gallons.

OP
vikingpillage89

vikingpillage89

Reaction score
nikm128 said:
Hard no for the pleco, they can get to 18" long. What dwarf cichlids were you thinking?
A German blue ram pair they get only 2 half inches long u don't see a problem with that tbh I'll run some carib sea ciclid sand and some aquamaax rock that keeps the ph high

RyanC14 said:
Golden nugget plecos get around 6"-9" and most dwarf cichlids need a minimum of 20 gallons.
What about German dwarf rams should be fine

RyanC14

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Carib sea cichlid sand is made for african cichlids which prefer higher ph. German blue rams prefer softer water. A pair could be fine in a 10 gallon but 20 gallon is preferable.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
RyanC14 said:
You're right, I mixed up what I was reading. I still wouldn't though.
vikingpillage89 said:
A German blue ram pair they get only 2 half inches long u don't see a problem with that tbh I'll run some carib sea ciclid sand and some aquamaax rock that keeps the ph high
I wouldn't get a breeding parI if that's what you want, there won't be enough room for all the babies. Why a high PH? They do best at ~6.8-7.5

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
vikingpillage89 said:
First of all not all cichlids like a high pH and it will most likely kill a pair of rams. They need their pH at like... 6.5 to 7.

Second GBRs are dwarf cichlids and will need 20 gallons minimum with plenty of live plant cover to truly thrive.

OP
vikingpillage89

vikingpillage89

Reaction score
nikm128 said:
You're right, I mixed up what I was reading. I still wouldn't though.

I wouldn't get a breeding parI if that's what you want, there won't be enough room for all the babies. Why a high PH? They do best at ~6.8-7.5
No breeding pair but he reason I want cichlid sand is that my tap water ph is so yellow meaning low it would and should even it out or should I stil to some seachem flourite and do some plants

OP
vikingpillage89

vikingpillage89

Reaction score
nikm128 said:
Do you have an exact number for the PH? What are you using to test it?
ApI test kit my ph is low from my tap maybe I should just get some regular live sand/substrate

nikm128 said:
Do you have an exact number for the PH? What are you using to test it?
Prob a 6.3 or 6.0

New Threads