Water

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that eversince i got my cat that, she does not drink allot of water. Is it normail, i feed her dry cat food, and wet on occasion.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most cats don't drink alot of water. If you change it every day and keep the bowl clean they usually will drink what they need.
Carol

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks i did not know that. i just found i odd that i had her for 6 and 1/2 years and she never did drink alot of water but was healthey.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a clear plastic hose connected to my air conditioner outlet and it runs into a large flat dish. My cats love the cool fresh water but they only take a drink in passing. They never just stand and drink like a dog does
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It's OK Joe. If your cat doesn't seem sick, there is nothing to worry about. My 6 year old cat also doesn't drink a lot of water. Sometimes it seems to me that he never drinks any water, lol. But then I'll see him from time to time drinking some water. I also noticed he drinks a lot of water when it is very hot and humid in the summer (we get a lot of this nasty weather here in New York in the summer). But otherwise, and especially during winters, he drinks very very little water. So I suppose it's normal if all (or most) cats are like that

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom