Help Water Wisteria

Leafydragon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bought some water wisteria a few weeks ago and have been letting it float in my cycling tank since then. The roots seem to be growing then don’t then it looks unhealthy but then healthy roots look healthy near it? I’m kinda confused and just want to know if it’ll regrow roots or if I should buy another one and hope it’s better?

Leafydragon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tht part of the plant will not regrow, trim below the roots as the roots are healthy.
Only one seems to have healthy roots, one has two roots and the other two have no roots. Should I still cut off the ends for the ones with no roots? I heard that over time snipped pieces can grow into their own plant.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You'll want to snap the rotted parts off to help the plant focus on its health. You aren't aiming for anything but the rot. Snipped, healthy, pieces with either a leaf to aid in growth or a root can grow into another section of stem plant as that is how the plant reproduces (or rather how people propagate new stems of it).

Leafydragon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You'll want to snap the rotted parts off to help the plant focus on its health. You aren't aiming for anything but the rot. Snipped, healthy, pieces with either a leaf to aid in growth or a root can grow into another section of stem plant as that is how the plant reproduces (or rather how people propagate new stems of it).
So I should snip only brown? I’m still super new at this so I don’t want to accidentally ruin my plant :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom