Water Treatments, Brands, Ph, Ro Water

Greengirl87

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So can anyone tell me another brand of water treatment that is the same thing as tetra easy balance? I've used it for the 3 years I've kept aquariums. But recently I've switched my other two main treatments to seachem prime and stability, and would like to keep along the seachem line. But not set on it.

Here is the deal, for the 1st two years of my fish keeping, walmart was the only place to get supplies in my city. I don't like walmart, and that is my own thing, and sometimes I just have to deal and go there for an item.

However, last year a small pet store called petsense opened up. Since then I get as much of my supplies there as I can. The manager is wonderful, and we are so lucky to have that store in as small of a city as I live in. I want to keep them in business. Especially since I just got a gecko, and walmart really doesn't have much in the way of supplies for them. Off topic, anyway...

The downside is they only carry a small selection of aquarium supplies at petsense. They don't carry tetra brand water treatments. Just api, seachem, and kordon. Which are all great brands for sure! But that leaves me still having to go to walmart for easy balance, or order offline.

Now, I'm not sure if I even need easy balance with prime and stability. Fyi, I use ro water from the store because my city's water is aweful. I don't mind paying for it, it is less of a headache, but it buffers terribly. And back when I used tetra brand dechlorinator/slime coat and beneficial bacteria, I stopped the easy balance for a time. This didn't go well. I maintain about 7.2-7.4 ph when using it, absolute highest of 7.6 and lowest of 6.9. And I like this range. Last time I stopped using it I'd get as low as 6.2 and as high as 8! So I'm hesitant to stop using it again.

This could have been a coincidence of some sort. Idk. But the easy balance definitely doesn't hurt my tanks. And I feel like I need something to help buffer the ro water, or else it goes all willy nilly! All the fish I have currently are very hardy species, and a bit of a swing in ph doesn't really affect them. However, I'd someday like to get a ram, and I've read they are very sensitive to water parameter changes. So I'd like to get this issue figured out before I even think about getting one.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think this is what most are using to remineralate their rodi water

Greengirl87

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think this is what most are using to remineralate their rodi water
Thanks! I did wonder about this one. I love drs foster and smith! And I have a coupon for their site that expires this month and was browsing supplies, which made me write this post. Lol! They don't carry this specific product at my local petstore, but if I try it and it works I bet they could get it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom