water temperature Question 

Vish27

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi guys,
I m in Montreal and currently we are having high heat temperature. I have 2 freshwater planted tank but due to heat my temperature in both tanks is above 30c
My planted are getting burned and all the leaves are coming out I have to clean my filter twice a day due to leaves. I already lost 1 panda cory.
I tried to do water changes once a day to add cold water to get the temperature down. Also have air conditioner but not very helpful.
Could anyone please give me some advise on how to get temperature down other then chiller option
i really appricate your guidence
Thanks

angelfish220

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lots of people (including myself) have floated frozen plastic water bottles in their tanks, when overheating was an issue. It doesn't look the prettiest, but it works.

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Buy a clip-on fan, clip it to the top of the tank and aim it at the water. It will cool off the water through evaporation. You'll just need to top off the water more often but it's a more consistent alternative to adding ice

Vish27

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thanks guys. i was doing partial water change and while adding water back add some ice but didnt last long now i think i ll froze some plastic water bottles and put it in
thanks again

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My apologies for not welcoming you Vish27

to FishLore

Hope you enjoy the site ;D

Vish27

Reaction score
Experience