Water Temp Changing Slowly According To Florida Weather.

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Daniel Price, Apr 17, 2018.

1. D

Daniel Price Valued Member Member

I had unplugged my heater for a 10 gal since it was at constant 79F. I had let the environment take over. No fish and is cycling any way. The result is 76 through out day in room of 75. 75 at night.
    74 in a 70 room the nest morning. The current weather in Florida is cool right now. 4/17/18
    Would it be a good idea to let it be natural temp changes like in the wild?
    The ac kept on being set on 80 and i change it to 76-75
    (i think it would be an interesting experiment for pros to do if they live close to the tropic region)

2. Eirelav_mcgoo

Eirelav_mcgoo Valued Member Member

I am by no means an expert, but that does sound like an interesting experiment. I think it would hugely affect wild caught fish, making it more comfortably and wild like. Farmed fish, or those breed in captivity, I would think may have negative effects as they have never experienced temp changes like that and have no idea what's going on.
    It would interesting to see if they adapt wild like behaviours. Not to mention if its coupled with a sun-like light setting (eg. Sun rise/sets and "cloudy" rainy like days).

3. OP
    OP
    D

Daniel Price Valued Member Member

They do need the right temperature to breed and the lighting could be done with a smart system that can gradually change with the time of day. I bet there is a paper on this type of research.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice