Water Sprite

SeattleRoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi BillynJennifer,

Which one?

Ceratopteris cornuta; aka Broadleaf Watersprite (right; behind rock)
25885775567_85b330a20f_b.jpg

Ceratopteris thalictroides aka Indian Water Fern (center rear)
25085044284_c0fc9b585e_b.jpg

SeattleRoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FriarThomasIII said:
What is that gor

geous plant on the left? I love the way it looks.
Hi @FriarThomasIII,

Which picture, the first one? If so the far left rear is Nymphoides hydrophylla (aka sp. 'Taiwan') the highly colored one just to the right of the N. hydrophylla is Nymphaea micrantha (aka 'Tri-Color Lotus).
40892417065_36a4620e27_b.jpg

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I only hate one thing about it; it sends new plants up all the time, and little chunks float everywhere and clog my filter. I hated it lol. Fish loved it though

SeattleRoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FriarThomasIII said:
I only hate one thing about it; it sends new plants up all the time, and little chunks float everywhere and clog my filter. I hated it lol. Fish loved it though
Ceratopteris thalictroides

BillynJennifer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FriarThomasIII said:
I haven't saw any chunks of it floating away, but I was using as a floating plant. Now that I have it in the substrate, it may start breaking pieces off.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BillynJennifer said:
I haven't saw any chunks of it floating away, but I was using as a floating plant. Now that I have it in the substrate, it may start breaking pieces off.
They start sending whole new plants up. THen I had little tidbits. Maybe mine had something wrong with it.

BillynJennifer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FriarThomasIII said:
They start sending whole new plants up. THen I had little tidbits. Maybe mine had something wrong with it.
It's only been in the substrate for a couple of days, so it still may misbehave. I am probably the only person that wouldn't be mad at having a complete corner full of Water Sprite.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom