Help Water Sprite Dissolving

UBR

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I recently purchased Water Sprite online, tropica potted plant, the plant received in good health but two weeks of planting the stem is melting and split from its root stem.

The plant still looks dark green but there are some black areas. Is this the usual behaviour?

Should I be removing the plant that separated from its root? Or can I replant them in gravel substrate or leave floating though the stem has no root system?

I am wondering what to do with those pieces. Can't they grow new root system from those stems? Thanks

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Tropica plants normally come emmersed, meaning they were grown out of water. Many of them go through a conversion phase that takes a couple of weeks.

Also, in my experience, water sprite does much better when left as a floating plant to form mats on the surface.

Reactions: UBR
OP
UBR

UBR

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Also, in my experience, water sprite does much better when left as a floating plant to form mats on the surface
I had small plants floating and large once planted.
Can I leave the stems that were separated from their root system floating or they not going to survive?

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I had small plants floating and large once planted.
Can I leave the stems that were separated from their root system floating or they not going to survive?
I haven't had a lot of experience with water sprite, but even a single leaf left floating will begin to grow a root system. Give it some time to acclimate over the next couple of weeks and see if things improve.

Reactions: UBR
OP
UBR

UBR

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I haven't had a lot of experience with water sprite, but even a single leaf left floating will begin to grow a root system. Give it some time to acclimate over the next couple of weeks and see if things improve.
Thank you, that helps. As long as it doesn't add up nitrates I am good to wait for long.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom