Water really cloudy after power outage

Grace4514

Reaction score
The power went off yesterday at 8 pm. We hooked up the generator in the morning then my parents had to leave so they turned it off at noon and my mom said she noticed how cloudy it was when she went to plug everything in( I was baby sitting not home ) I get back home at like 9:30 tonight and plug everything back in since our power is now on and this is what it looks like. Also I bought a new filter a few weeks ago but
20200526_215958.jpg
I have the old media in this new one so not sure what's going on here

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do you know how long your tank was off for approximately? Your filter wasnt able to convert any waste throughout those past hours and most likely caused a small bacterial bloom. A water change and some activated carbon in your filter should clear it up in an day or 2.
Would you happen to know your water parameters as well? I would test just to make sure :)

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
I thought so too but seemed weird because honestly my power goes out all the time I mean I've had it be off a few days before

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Grace4514 said:
I thought so too but seemed weird because honestly my power goes out all the time I mean I've had it be off a few days before
I would test the water and if everything looks good i would give it a few days to clear up on its own

New Threads