Hi everyone! I'm a beginner on this and didn't have a great start. I've been dealing with cycling a tank the wrong way (unknowingly, until I joined this forum). And once I got my water parameters about were they should be, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrates. ...my fish got sick with ick. I treated the whole fish tank with Jungle ick tabs, and did water changes, but with no results...my 3 fan tail goldfish died after fighting for 5 days . Today, 2 days after a 80% fishless water change I've got the following readings: PH 6.8 , Nitrites 2.0, Ammonia 0.00, Nitrates 5.0 Why is the Nitrate level so high? I read that after the ick I should wait at least 2 weeks without adding more fish. But I wonder...how can I keep the good bacteria alive in my 20 g.tank in the meantime? I have 4 small plants on it, and I dropped just 2 tiny flakes of food yesterday because I red that may help. Am I doing this right? Or what should I do? Thanks!