Water Parameter Change!

Amber818

I will be moving from the city to a ranch in about 2 months. I received a sample from the well water I will be using at the ranch and tested it. Can someone help me with this. I want to make this transition as smooth as possible for my water friends and I want to do it right so they will be okay. Please tell me that they will be okay

Well water parameters:
Ph-8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5.0
KH-16°dKH
GH-25°dGH

My water parameters now:
Ph-7.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-7.0
KH-2°dKH
GH-21°dGH

Attachments

• F2A718E6-936F-4603-B147-FC8498B68897.jpeg
    F2A718E6-936F-4603-B147-FC8498B68897.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 12

WRWAquarium

The new well water is quite a lot harder and the jump in PH is significant.

I think your fish will be able to adjust to it but acclimating them is going to be very important.

Can you take some of your current tank water with you just to help dilute the new water on initial fill up? That's what I would try to do if possible.

Either way float your fishes in bags like normal to temp adjust but very slowly over a few hours add the new tank well water to the bags. The PH could shock them if introduced to quick.

Amber818

The new well water is quite a lot harder and the jump in PH is significant.

I think your fish will be able to adjust to it but acclimating them is going to be very important.

Can you take some of your current tank water with you just to help dilute the new water on initial fill up? That's what I would try to do if possible.

Either way float your fishes in bags like normal to temp adjust but very slowly over a few hours add the new tank well water to the bags. The PH could shock them if introduced to quick.
Will the gh and kh decrease once in the aquarium? Like if I start adding the well water very slowly with each water change the well water will build up and the gh and kh will be decreased so if I do a 20% water change the change won’t shock them?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
Kate1018
  • Question
Replies
Views