Water looks greenish

Discussion in 'Aquarium Water' started by Hamham, Aug 7, 2015.

1. HamhamNew MemberMember

Whenever I turn the light off for my aquarium, it looks greenish and dirty. But as soon as I turn it on it looks clear¿
    i've done my water change but still dirty. Plz help!!!

2. TanksbyTimValued MemberMember

My tank looks clear when I turn my light off, but depending on the angle and lighting in other rooms of my apartment, it can appear slightly discolored or slightly green. If your water is clear when you turn your light on, then your water is fine. Hope this helps! :)

3. slayer5590Well Known MemberMember

It's the tint of the glass that causes that.

4. LunasWell Known MemberMember

clean your filters it is just an algae bloom lots of free floating algae is refracting light. Only solutions are water change and clean filters. i find i need to replace my fine pads in my sunsun 304b to get my water super clear. the uv light helps too.

5. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

If it's clear with the lights on then the green is from the lead in the glass like slayer5590 said.

If the water is green, its an algae bloom. Direct sunlight must be getting into the tank.

6. ShortfuuzzeValued MemberMember

Correct, green hue could be from the lead in your glass unless it algae. If it's not algae and your ok with spending money you could buy a tank with low-lead glass. Will be a bit more expensive but starphire glass looks amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice