Water Level Readings

Brittanymiranda1128

Reaction score
I’m new to this freshwater fish world. Tested my water recently and don’t know how to go about fixing it

One tank is 2 ammonia and 2 nitrite. And good nitrate

One tank is 4 ammonia. No nitrite. And good nitrate.

How do I fix this issue??? I got scared and did a 25% water change just in case. Any suggestions to fix this issue

I have lace plant in each tank. One is slightly brown but I was hoping I’d save it. And one is beautiful and green.

I have a betta in each tank. And a mystery snail

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Both tanks need at least a 75% WC and Prime added as a water conditioner. Then retest tomorrow and post the readings. In the meantime it might be a good idea to test the water your using for your WC's if its tap water.

jennalynnj

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would take the bettas out and give them a temporary home while you Do massive water changes in both. If you are going to cycle the tank with fish in it, you will need to do partial water changes more often (every day, or atleast every other!) to keep ammonia and nitrites total down below 1 ppm atleast and dose with prime each time. It temporarily binds ammonia to make it safer... but 4ppm is way to high for a fish to be in there so big water changes asap and someone can maybe help you more. Read up on the nitrogen cycle if you haven't already.

OP
B

Brittanymiranda1128

Reaction score
I’ve been using stress coat and stability isn’t that supposed to help? Initially when I first got them I cycled the tanks and I put them in but then I had a plant in each one that they literally both died and were dying in the tank for a couple days and then I changed out their water 75% And it’s been days now and this is what I have.

So now I need to buy prime?

jennalynnj

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
As far as I know it is the only dechlorinator that also binds the ammonia temporarily which you very much need.

New Threads