20 Gallon Tank Water is foggy, help!

cloverpile

A3A30ADA-F2D9-4B08-A9E5-0F2E0177A71E.jpeg

This is my tank condition from this morning everything looked clear and just fine. I went to the store later that day and got a sign for decor and a fake plant… at around 8:00 PM after hanging around in the room to put in the new decor, moved some of my Java ferns around (without disturbing anything), I left and the water was still clear!

0C6CA3D4-97A7-4070-A072-46B543DBF2D2.jpeg
This is my tank now it is currently 12 AM and I just now noticed this I’m not sure what’s happened. Maybe it was the new decor I put in? Or the spider wood? The new decor had fake plants on it that were too sharp so I took them off and scraped the glue off of it to be extra safe… I always rinse off new decor as well before putting it inside my tank. I have not put any other chemicals in the water since I set it up and dechlorinated it either!

7418461A-69F6-4BD7-AF2A-80E187C30CC1.jpeg

868C509D-EBAE-40A6-B067-728C8C15C1C3.jpeg
Here’s what the top looks like.

Flyfisha

Hi cloverpile,
Is the tank only a few weeks old?
If so that is a bacteria bloom.

Upvote 0

cloverpile

Hi cloverpile,
Is the tank only a few weeks old?
If so that is a bacteria bloom.
The tank is about 2 days old actually ahaha I was thinking the same thing about the bacteria bloom! But can that happen this early on?

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

That would explain it then . Nothing to worry about.
Two days is more likely than 2 weeks.

Upvote 0

cloverpile

That would explain it then . Nothing to worry about.
Two days is more likely than 2 weeks.
Ah thank you so much for easing my worries! I wrote this post in a hurry out of panic because I’ve never experienced this before haha.

Upvote 0

cloverpile

150FAB9B-9758-48EB-9B5B-874DF9F3DACD.jpegI’m so glad my tank is beginning to clear omg!! Still currently in the fishless cycle however, it’s only day 3. I was wondering if I need to clean the tank or is the bacteria that’s settle in the tank needed for the cycling.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

If you are doing a fishless cycle dont clean anything. You only want to do water changes if the Ph gets to 7 or below. Add ammonia anytime it gets near 0.

Upvote 0

cloverpile

If you are doing a fishless cycle dont clean anything. You only want to do water changes if the Ph gets to 7 or below. Add ammonia anytime it gets near 0.
What size of water change do I change if Ph does get to that level?

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

Depends on what your source water Ph is. I usually do 50% then wait a couple hours and retest. Low Ph tends to stall a cycle and the cycling process uses minerals that can lower the Ph.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
alven
  • Question
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
  • Question
Replies