Water Help for Albino Corydoras Catfish

Wynnie36

I have two albino cory cats I got from a friend and am prepping a tank for them and more cats. I did I water test and the hardness levels are too low, these are the results:
GH: 0ppm, KH: 0-40ppm, pH: 6.5-7, N02: 0, N03: 0.
Are these parameters okay for cory cats? If not, how can I change them?
P.S., are zebra danios a good tankmate for cory cats? If not, what else?
Thanks!

Shannon108

Yes, those water parameters are fine corys are very adaptable and tolerant

And zebra danios would make fine tank mates, since the corys are tropical fish and danios cool-water, I would say keep the temp maybe 75 degrees, that will be good for both of them

barbiespoodle

You are speaking of a cory that is near and dear to my heart. Yea, I know, common and not flashy, but I adore them.

Shannon is right in that the albinos are pretty much a bullet proof cory, they just seem to take anything you throw at them and still thrive and look way too cute while they do it.

The only thing I would add is that they are far happier in groups and you can fit quite a few in various size tanks. I have kept them well in pairs or trio's, but right now my 55 gallon has a herd of 6 and I'm going to add 6 more from a small batch of eggs I managed to get before the got ate, aka, 6 darling, way too cute, cory fry, now 2 months old, sitting right now to me in a growout tank waiting for them to get big enough to join their parents in the 55 gallon. And considering the size of the tank and the care I give to the tank, I could even have more, but for not, 12 will do.

I can't wait. My herd of six in the 55 gallon is a constant source of interest as they move around, they really are way cute, and once I add the babies in, it will be even more so.

After all that, from my personal experience, when you decide to add more cats, I feel you should stay with the albino's since you already have a start to your herd. There are way too many cory's to chose from and if I had the room I would have a number of the different ones, but please take the albino's you already have into consideration first,

Wynnie36

barbiespoodle said:
You are speaking of a cory that is near and dear to my heart. Yea, I know, common and not flashy, but I adore them.

Shannon is right in that the albinos are pretty much a bullet proof cory, they just seem to take anything you throw at them and still thrive and look way too cute while they do it.

The only thing I would add is that they are far happier in groups and you can fit quite a few in various size tanks. I have kept them well in pairs or trio's, but right now my 55 gallon has a herd of 6 and I'm going to add 6 more from a small batch of eggs I managed to get before the got ate, aka, 6 darling, way too cute, cory fry, now 2 months old, sitting right now to me in a growout tank waiting for them to get big enough to join their parents in the 55 gallon. And considering the size of the tank and the care I give to the tank, I could even have more, but for not, 12 will do.

I can't wait. My herd of six in the 55 gallon is a constant source of interest as they move around, they really are way cute, and once I add the babies in, it will be even more so.

After all that, from my personal experience, when you decide to add more cats, I feel you should stay with the albino's since you already have a start to your herd. There are way too many cory's to chose from and if I had the room I would have a number of the different ones, but please take the albino's you already have into consideration first,
I will be buying maybe 3-4 more albino cory cats to make sure they are all happy and school well together and not mix and match them. Thank you for your advice!
Shannon108 said:
Yes, those water parameters are fine corys are very adaptable and tolerant

And zebra danios would make fine tank mates, since the corys are tropical fish and danios cool-water, I would say keep the temp maybe 75 degrees, that will be good for both of them
Thank you! I can't wait for the schools to be up and running.

flopperfrog

good luck! ive always adored cories

barbiespoodle

Way glad to hear you are going to add more albinos to add to the ones you have.

All cory's are cute in their own right, but you really don't see their true charm until you have a group of them, or as I call it, a herd. And they really are far more happy and active in groups of their own kind.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom