Water hardness and plants supplements.

AntuyON

Hi Everyone,

I am opening this new thread now to solve a concern with my live bearers tank (guppies and mollies), so I am planting the tank and I cant add salt anymore because it was affecting my java moss and my floating plants. I would like to know any supplement to make my water hard and ideal for my guppies, I would say my tap water is around 7 Ph, right now, I am just adding to the water Seachem prime after water changes along with seachem flourish for plants. now I ask, is seachem equilibrium good to implement to the tank? I see it adds manesium and calcium, so i wonder if its good for both fish and plants and it would make the water hard?

any recommendation of new supplement for this tank to make it ideal for my guppies and mollies?

thank you!.

carsonsgjs

I havent used equilibrium but yes, it will raise the general hardness (gh) of your tank. As far as I know, it is fish safe.

However, is there any particular reason why you want to change your gh though? Are the fish not doing well in your current water? Stable parameters are better than fluctuations so tinkering with kh, gh, ph etc are more likely to stress the fish. Do you have the hardness readings of your tank now?

Upvote 0

AntuyON

hmm, fish are doing ok, i was just wondering if it was necessary. if with my current parameter they and the plants will do fine id rather keeping like it for the same reason you say of fluctuation. i don't have hardness reading of my tank since i don't have something to read it with. if my java moss will grow normally with the current tap water parameter its fine by me to keep the water like that.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
redtester
  • Question
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs
  • Question
Replies