water gets cloudy

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi,

whenever i feed my comets bloodworm, the water gets cloudy. as i'm a new tank-owner may be i'm doing something wrong. i put a net on the water and then put the worms in it. my fish eat worms from the net. but the water gets cloudy after feeding. what is the right process of feeding worms ???.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
What kind of filtration do you have on your tank, and what size is the tank? Also, how often do you feed bloodworms?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is it live, frozen, or freeze-dried?

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
mine is a 10 gallon tank, have two comets in it. i have under gravel filtration. as i am a new tank owner i fed worms just twice in a month. it is live worms.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Your water probably gets cloudy when you feed because 2 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank is way overstocked I'm afraid. It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job taking care of them, but they would probably do much better in a 30 gallon tank if you can swing it. You could use your 10 gallon for a quarantine/hospital tank. Also, kudos for not frequently feeding your goldies bloodworms. They need lots of vegetation in their diet, and a lot less protein than other fish.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi, thank you, i've changed my water, it is clean now, i think i will feed them les worms and more vegetable.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom