Water Conditioner

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Anastasia Vedmedenko, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Anastasia Vedmedenko

Anastasia VedmedenkoNew MemberMember

URGENT! I am completely out of water conditioner for my 10 gallon tanks. I was using a very non-concentrated water conditioner (It was actually meant for betta bowls) and I had to dose A LOT of it every time I need to do a water change. I tried seachem prime in the past but that one was too concentrated. I needed to use less than half a mL per water change and I found it so difficult to do accurate measurements for such a tiny amount of conditioner.

Are there any water conditioners that I could dose 1mL per 5 gallons? I have to run to Petland today to pick up a bottle and I'd really appreciate help choosing one that works well for bettas, platies, rasboras, and shrimp.

:helpsmilie:

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Another way to measure Prime is 2 drops per gallon. It can be used for tiny water changes still!

3. OP
    OP
    Anastasia Vedmedenko

Anastasia VedmedenkoNew MemberMember

WHAT!? Wow! That's really helpful! I had no idea! I might not need a new conditioner after all :) thank you!

4. jdhef

jdhefModeratorModerator Member

TexasDomer is correct, 2 drops per gallon is what is required with Prime. But I like to use 3 drops per gallon, because two just doesn't seem like enough.

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I do a bit more than necessary too!

6. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

I take the bottle and pour in a "splash." I just can't get my head around the fact that a couple drops will take care of alllll that water haha.

7. s hawkWell Known MemberMember

I bought like 500 1ml pipettes. They have marks for every 0.25 ml. I overdose every time but not by much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice