Water Conditioner

1. Anastasia Vedmedenko Initiate Member

URGENT! I am completely out of water conditioner for my 10 gallon tanks. I was using a very non-concentrated water conditioner (It was actually meant for betta bowls) and I had to dose A LOT of it every time I need to do a water change. I tried seachem prime in the past but that one was too concentrated. I needed to use less than half a mL per water change and I found it so difficult to do accurate measurements for such a tiny amount of conditioner.

Are there any water conditioners that I could dose 1mL per 5 gallons? I have to run to Petland today to pick up a bottle and I'd really appreciate help choosing one that works well for bettas, platies, rasboras, and shrimp.

:helpsmilie:

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Another way to measure Prime is 2 drops per gallon. It can be used for tiny water changes still!

3. Anastasia Vedmedenko Initiate Member

WHAT!? Wow! That's really helpful! I had no idea! I might not need a new conditioner after all :) thank you!

4. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

TexasDomer is correct, 2 drops per gallon is what is required with Prime. But I like to use 3 drops per gallon, because two just doesn't seem like enough.

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I do a bit more than necessary too!

6. Geoff Well Known Member Member

I take the bottle and pour in a "splash." I just can't get my head around the fact that a couple drops will take care of alllll that water haha.

7. s hawk Well Known Member Member

I bought like 500 1ml pipettes. They have marks for every 0.25 ml. I overdose every time but not by much.