Water Conditioner: How many drops?

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by Crelus26, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Crelus26

Crelus26 New Member Member

I'm going to have to perform some water changes very soon, and I need to know-
    My bottle of AquaSafe says to add in 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons, how many drops would that be for 1 gallon each?

2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

Unfortunately it's hard to estimate because drop size varies with the aperture diameter; that is, a bigger hole makes bigger drops. If your bottle is a dropper bottle, you can get a teaspoon and count how many drops it takes to fill it up. That's what I did :) For me it ended up being 15 drops per 10 gallons.

3. grfresconero

grfresconero Valued Member Member

I don`t know why u use aquasafe , i use DAJANA CHLOR STOP it`s cheaper ,but all the conditioner work on a drop to each liter of water.

4. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

You might want to read the following thread from this forum on the "cheaper" conditioners and the concentration of each one. As I have stated to other members in the past, Prime is stronger and less is needed with each water change (lasts longer).

And as Kinezumi stated - Not all drops are the same equals of measurements. I'd suggest making sure you are using the conditioner properly. :)

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/water-conditioners/122260-prime-tetra-aqua-safe-plus.html

5. grfresconero

grfresconero Valued Member Member

Yes i don`t doupt you are right it`s just that i tried it that way and as soon as i chaged the method
    i got the result`s that i posted on my GURRAMI,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice