Water Cloudy?

tallullahm

Reaction score
So my fish tank has been running for a while, a good few months but the water is constantly going a greeny, yellow misty colour, or perhaps cloudy. We have drained the tank and cleaned everything and we put it all back in and the water was clear, this was on saturday, the fish were then added back in when the tank was ready and been cycled a bit and now (thursday) we can barely see anything.

Does anyone have any idea how I can sort this out? I’ve attached a photo to show the colour!
Image1525374975.062715.jpg

tallullahm

Reaction score
We took a water sample to see if the water was actually green or whether the plants and background are making it seem green. We’ve discovered that the water is more yellow/brown usually due to the tanning off the driftwood, has anyone heard of this before?

EddieL

Reaction score
Looks like overfeeding/overstocking/ too many hours of light without knowing anymore about your setup.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tallullahm said:
We took a water sample to see if the water was actually green or whether the plants and background are making it seem green. We’ve discovered that the water is more yellow/brown usually due to the tanning off the driftwood, has anyone heard of this before?
Cloudiness will not be due to the driftwood - unless its dusty and you don't wash it prior. Tannins in the driftwood would make it a yellow/brown colour, like you said, but it would look like tea. It wouldnt be cloudy at all.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Greetings and welcome to Fishlore

I am hesitant to suggest this, as stated above there are reasons you have this problem and you need to solve them. But a UV sterilizer will clear the water in a few days.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom