Water Clarity-very Pale Yellowish

Scubagirl1

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ok so I like super clean pristine clear water...which I had before I got Jabba the lawnmower fish. Naive me got him to add to the cleanup crew..haha jokes on me..I'm now more than ever the cleanup crew.

It's a fairly new tank about a year old now. I've been going slow w fish I pick. (Bc they'll be around a while and) everything I wanted either wouldn't work together or aggressive.

So my water is:
Ph 8.2
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2.0
Temp 82
55g
Tank has
3 damsel (my band of idiots)
1 Jabba- the lawnmower fish
5 nassarius snails

So the problem is my water. Even after a 25% water change and using prestine..the tank has a yellow ting to it. I've attached a picture. If you look towards the back wall of tank you see it best. Of course Jabba and a damsel decided to present. Jabba is by the rock tryI g his bezt to blend is blimp belly in.

Other than a new filter..any suggestions on getting my clear water back?

Attachments

OP
Scubagirl1

Scubagirl1

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Skavatar said:
from what I understand Pristine is for breaking down excess waste. to clear up the water try Purigen, it really works, my yellow/brown water was cleared up within a week of using it.

pics in the thread: Question - Purigen: Does It Work?
Thank you. I'll pick some up today. That lawnmower fish is a character. It lets him keep his nice home. Otherwise he's really messy.

New Threads