Water changes

Damian19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got a captive bred a. ocellaris.Whats the percentage of the water changes i should do everyday?I can just buy natural sea water from my lfs.

Damian19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you.The natural sea water from my local fish store felt cold last time i bought some.Should i use a heater on the water i buy before i put it in my tanks or does it matter at all?I was thinking that temperature fluctuations would stress my fish out.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you.The natural sea water from my local fish store felt cold last time i bought some.Should i use a heater on the water i buy before i put it in my tanks or does it matter at all?I was thinking that temperature fluctuations would stress my fish out.
Needs to be the same temp as DT before the change over!! Yes use a heater before chane is due!!

Damian19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
nope.walmart.lol

What about feeding?My clownfish hasnt ate ever since its been in the qt and its been there since wednesday.How should i feed it?i dont want to have any problems with water quality so i dont want to just throw food in there.

Merged back to back posts.
Ken

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What about feeding?My clownfish hasnt ate ever since its been in the qt and its been there since wednesday.How should i feed it?i dont want to have any problems with water quality so i dont want to just throw food in there.
Feed the fish in very small portions, Just enough for the fish to devour within seconds. Are you doing daily water changes? How is the DT setup?

Damian19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes i am doing daily water changes.The DT is doing good,i do 30% water changes every 2 weeks on it.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats great just keep feeding him he will pull out of it soon, It's just one of those things that happens and will require time to see if the fish pulls out of it. do you have anything in the tank? LR or is it bare?

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is this ocellaris being quarantined for any reason other than being a new purchase? Like, is he sick? If he's generally healthy then normal feeding is ok, like stang said. Just enough for him to eat without fouling the tank. I'd get some blue legged hermits and keep them in there to pick up any leftovers. I recently read that two flakes per feeding is good for one clown.

When I was running ten gallon tanks I replaced 50% every other day. Then I found that nitrates aren't terrible for fish. Not great, but not terrible. So I switched to when it looked like it needed it. I also keep an ammonia alert on my tanks. They're not accurate, but they're good enough to tell you that there's a problem and you should do a proper check immediately. They have them for pH, too. A tank that small can have an ammonia spike real quick and without warning.

Damian19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My clown fish is eating well.My qt is bare with pvc pipes and it hangs out inside them sometimes.My clownfish isnt sick or anything,im quarantining it because its a new fish.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My clown fish is eating well.My qt is bare with pvc pipes and it hangs out inside them sometimes.My clownfish isnt sick or anything,im quarantining it because its a new fish.
I'm glad you are doing this, last time was a big mess. Good job!!!!

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well I am here for you if you feel that is what you need man!!! Sorry that it didn't work out the first time but that's the way it goes and soon you will have the clown roaming around in your tank and all will be well.

Damian19

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ocellaris a.I want to use some of this purple up i got thats for coralline algae growth and the directions say to add 5 ml per 50 gallons of aquarium water daily.I got a 37 us gallon.I got a measuring cap that measures from 1 ml to 5ml.Should i add 1 ml three times of the purple up?That would make it 3 ml.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom