Water Changes

?

How often do you change your water? (Partial water changes)

1. Daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Weekly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Monthly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Quarterly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hardly Ever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Let's see how often people are changing the water in their tanks.  Login to vote and see the results.

2. FishFan Member Member

Do you mean 'partial water change' or total water change?

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I changed it to include "partial"

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

definately weekly mr mike :D

5. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

actually i do a 25% twice weekly since i just feel better about it. my little guy was sick and i got started doing it when i brought him home and just haven't stopped

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I usually do 50% once a week in all my tanks except the turtle tank. He gets 100% change every week.

7. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

weekly 4 me dudes ! i read that if u do it daily it'll change the levels of stuff in the water too drasticly and stress the fish. :)

8. dahly Member Member

This is a good question for me at this time. I have been changing 25% every 4 days, but my lfs said that's too much. I was going to go down to 20% every other week, because of the lfs and so much that I have read. I will stay at 25% every 4 days, and check water chemistry once or twice weekly too. "Freshwater fish like freshwater!" If they were in a stream, the water would be in constant change. I just need to be sure the temp is correct, as not to stress the fish. I see Gunnie and other change their water frequently, so will I! Good poll, thanks! :)

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I do 30-50% every week and 25% twice a week on the 75g because it has 3 big waste producers in it. The fry tanks(2) get 50% every day for the first 6 weeks.
    Carol

10. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

If your tank is cycled, you can't do too many water changes. Although I do 50% in all but my turtle tank every week, if I did this routine less frequently (like once a month), it could be hard on the fish, because the new water being added might adjust the ph. Since I do it every week, there is probably not much of a fluctuation. More frequent water changes is far more important than how much you change out.

11. Jason Well Known Member Member

I used to to do a 25% weekly and a 40% fornightly but now I increase to about a 30% every 5 days or so.

12. dano569 Member Member

13. platypuff Initiate Member

I have been completing a 10% water change twice a week

14. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

We do a partial water change of about 25% in all the tanks each week.

15. simpleton Member Member

I do my water changes anywhere between weekly to 2 weeks maximum. I usually do a 40% water change with a good cleaning using the gravel vac.