water changes

Discussion in 'Water Changes' started by brokenwing, Mar 19, 2010.

1. b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

Whats the suggestion, when running the nitrogen cycle do uu all do water changes, or wait unitl the cycle is complete. I know everyone has a diffrent way of doing things, so Im curious.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

For me it depends on whether there are fish in the tank or not. If there are fish in the tank then yes I would do water changes otherwise no I would not. Is this confusing ?
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    b

brokenwing Well Known Member Member

not confusing at all. I cycle my tanks fishless of course, but I do not do water changes until the cycle is over.

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning!

:animal0068:I've moved your thread to the Water Changes section of the forum.
    Thanks!
    Ken

5. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

TSS and no water changes untill its done

6. Prince Powder

Prince Powder Well Known Member Member

With a fish-in cycle I would do water changes daily. With a fishless cycle I wouldn't do water changes unless one of my parameters were off the charts and then I would only do enough to get that parameter to a readable level. With TSS I wouldn't do a water change until a week after a successful cycle to allow the cycle to stabilize. If after day 10 with TSS my tank is still not cycled I would do the daily water change method for a fish-in cycle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice