Water changes

MoshJosh

You would need to test your water, probably over the course of a month or months to get a truly precise answer.

. . . But I change all my non discus tanks weekly and they do ok.

lucky123

Once a week is usually a pretty safe bet. I change my betta’s tank once a week and my mystery snail’s tank twice a week so you should be good as long as the water parameters are ok.

mattgirl

I change 50% of the water in each of my tanks each week and once a month even more so no, I don't think you are changing too much..

86 ssinit

Me too 50% weekly. It works fish and plants luv it!!

Nickguy5467

kind of have to do large water changes weekly when you're dosing plants with ferts and what not. so many nitrates

fishnovice33

Depends on your filtration, bypass, and how much you’re able to turn over your water.

My parameters don’t go up until 30 days after I change water because I have an overpowered canister with extreme flow.

But I still go 50% every two weeks. I think 25-50% every week is solid given everything is established.

BigManAquatics

My wife's platy tank usually gets about 40% weekly WC. I change my betta tanks 50% on saturdays and about 25% on tuesdays. One is a fin nipper and the other is a rose-tail....so clean water is a MUST.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Crimson_687
Replies
Views
Amccurry
Replies
Views
jdhef
Replies