Water Changes

currm2952

I don’t have a water test kit or a cycle yet. How much water do I need to change daily?

live4wetsleeves

Well, your first step should be to invest in a test kit as soon as possible, because without it you can't monitor your cycling process. Do you have fish in the tank?

leeexie-flowy

I reccomend you get a test kit first so you know which way to go

mattgirl

currm2952 said:
I don’t have a water test kit or a cycle yet. How much water do I need to change daily?
To answer that question we need a bit more information. What size is your tank? How many and what kind of fish are in it?

Biiba

Hi! I see from another post that you just got your betta

Firstly are you treating your water with water conditioner? Secondly what size is your tank?

Without a cycle ammonia will build up quickly in your tank and harm your fish so you will need to do large daily water changes. If you could get a master test kit that would be perfect, but if not, you definitely need a test kit for ammonia to begin with....

mattgirl

I just found your other thread. In a 1 gallon tank with a Betta I would be changing out 75% of his water daily. Be sure to temp match and condition it before pouring it in his tank.

just a friendly suggestion. It would be much easier for us to help you if you could ask all the questions in the same thread instead of starting a new one for each question.

currm2952

live4wetsleeves said:
Well, your first step should be to invest in a test kit as soon as possible, because without it you can't monitor your cycling process. Do you have fish in the tank?
Yes the fish is already in the tank. I wasn’t prepared for it, It was a gift to me

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom