Water Changes

live4wetsleeves

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, your first step should be to invest in a test kit as soon as possible, because without it you can't monitor your cycling process. Do you have fish in the tank?

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
currm2952 said:
I don’t have a water test kit or a cycle yet. How much water do I need to change daily?
To answer that question we need a bit more information. What size is your tank? How many and what kind of fish are in it?

Biiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi! I see from another post that you just got your betta

Firstly are you treating your water with water conditioner? Secondly what size is your tank?

Without a cycle ammonia will build up quickly in your tank and harm your fish so you will need to do large daily water changes. If you could get a master test kit that would be perfect, but if not, you definitely need a test kit for ammonia to begin with....

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just found your other thread. In a 1 gallon tank with a Betta I would be changing out 75% of his water daily. Be sure to temp match and condition it before pouring it in his tank.

just a friendly suggestion. It would be much easier for us to help you if you could ask all the questions in the same thread instead of starting a new one for each question.

currm2952

Reaction score
live4wetsleeves said:
Well, your first step should be to invest in a test kit as soon as possible, because without it you can't monitor your cycling process. Do you have fish in the tank?
Yes the fish is already in the tank. I wasn’t prepared for it, It was a gift to me

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom