Water Changes Question

DrogJustDrog

I have limited options, right now the two main water sources I have are tap water and bottled water which claims to be purified via reverse osmosis. What should I do when I need to refill the water? I could use several bottles of the bottled water or have a pitcher of tap water sitting out, but I'm not sure if either are ideal.

jkkgron2

I think tap is fine. Most of us use tap, unless you’re keeping very delicate fish or fish with specific needs I would stick with tap.

DrogJustDrog

I'm planning on getting a betta after the tank is fully cycled. So I'm a little concerned about how he'll manage considering their at least physically fragile from what I've researched.

jkkgron2

DrogJustDrog said:
I'm planning on getting a betta after the tank is fully cycled. So I'm a little concerned about how he'll manage considering their at least physically fragile from what I've researched.
He’ll be fine. They’re actually pretty hardy fish. Just don’t put anything in there that could tear his fins.

Fisch

DrogJustDrog said:
Bettas are relatively hardy, the long flowing tails are the physically fragile part.
Tap water with Prime to de-chlorinate and the right temperature will be fine.
Water changes are important for Bettas to keep water conditions pristine, and the easiest way is tap water.

DrogJustDrog

Alright, thanks guys!

Top Bottom