water changes for platy fry??

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
how often should water changes be done for platy fry??? i have been doing one per week 25% i'm concerned that this isn't enough-- there are 11 total so far-- we just found two more in the past few days that must have been hiding so far-- all are healthy-- and i have an adult female platy with what looks like ich-- temp has been raise dand no more sickies- lost 4 :'( but now the tank seems much healthier-- may raise the temp again above 82-- would that be alright for the fry as well?? much appreciated LILA

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Changing water everyday is better for your fry by removing harmful chemicals that slow down the growth rate.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Every other day should be fine. Just keep a watch on the water readings. Water changes are done on egg layers every day because the are usually so small and so must be fed special food. If the water changes are not done then the food will foul the water and cause ammonia spikes. Livebearer fry are born able to eat what their parents eat and so aren't as hard to keep their water clean. Hope that helps.
Carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks carol-- they are going great!! and we found a tank for them at a yard sale so some will have a new home when the new tank is thouroughly cleaned and cycled!! i love it!! LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom