Water changer wont fit??

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by ThatOneAquarist, Jul 29, 2015.

1. T

ThatOneAquarist Valued Member Member

I recently set up a 55 gallon tank, it cycled rather quickly with my api quickstart and a couple zebra danios. ( I did test this, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, about 10ppm on the nitrate last test).

But boy feeding those zebras red food on white sand, I would be sure they ate all of it, and what they didn't eat I got out with the suction of a straw, but of course, fish produce waste, in this case, nice red waste. And I was going to invest in a python so I didn't have to lug around buckets and risk stressing my fish by having to pour water in, but after looking at my faucet (and unscrewing the strainer) im not sure a python will fit... actually im positive it wont.

heres a pic, sorry for the dirtiness. if anyone can think of a way to make it fit please share, thanks. Faucet.JPG

2. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Go to your hardware store and get a faucet adapter.

3. OP
    OP
    T

I thought about that, I guess I should've looked before I posted, just seeing if anyone knew any quick fixes.

4. SnyperTodd

SnyperTodd Valued Member Member

I bought something like   when I built my Python-like water changer. I thought the Python brand water changers came with dual-threaded adapters, though. Your faucet isn't anything special or unusual, so the adapter you need may be included. I just like the quick-connect because it's brass and it has an aerator built in so it can stay on the faucet permanently so I don't have to remove the aerator and adapter every time I do a water change.

Edit: I just checked, and Python brand water changers do come with an adapter that should work fine for your faucet.

5. OP
    OP
    T

Alright, thanks SnyperTodd

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

Yes the Python should work fine.

7. Gena

Gena Well Known Member Member

I had the same problem and never got a Python to work with any faucet in my home.

So now I use a pond pump to create suction.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice