Water Changeing

Discussion in 'Water Changes' started by Compatability, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Compatability

Compatability Valued Member Member

I just have a question really, I have a 10 gallon tank and I'm going to do a water change, I've done them many times before I have my gallon bottles of water already to go treated with prime. I want to know if I should unplug the heater before I change the water, because the water level goes below the water line on the heater. Thank you

2. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

You can if you want to be on the safe side, but I personally don't on my 10 gallon because it is only out of the water for a few minutes.

3. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

It depends on the heater. Some have sensors to turn off when out of water or temps get too high.

4. Aspiration82

Aspiration82 Valued Member Member

I agree, to be safe you should unplug it. I have an eheim Jager that shuts off automatically, I don't unplug it.

5. Iridium_2256

Iridium_2256 Valued Member Member

My filter and heater are hooked to the same strip, so I just turn off both at the same time.

6. OP
    OP
    Compatability

Compatability Valued Member Member

Oh great, thanks! I was just worried it might blow out the heater. This makes things much easier❤️

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice