Water change, anyone? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by cajunfiberco, Mar 16, 2010.

1. funkman262Well Known MemberMember

I agree. I'm not proud of that but I don't think my stocking level is that high right now (I still prefer to do weekly water changes though). Thanks for being easy on me lol

2. FlyfrodValued MemberMember

Not doing water changes until tomorrow. I have 3 10gal tanks that get done and a 20 and 65 that I'll do on saturday. I did get my breeding tank setup today and have my walterworms cultures going.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  3. funkman262Well Known MemberMember

WM?

4. brokenwingWell Known MemberMember

changed 25% on the 15 gallon yesterday. Fish love water changes lol.

5. CharlemagneValued MemberMember

I did a 50% water change yesterday. My poor little black skirt tetra seems to still be stressed out over it. Her color is very faded, though it was normal this morning. I'm guessing this is just stress, as it seems to come and go whenever I do anything stressful to them. I'm lucky. I convinced my dad and sister to help me, while I got the easy job of just doing the vacuuming. (aren't I terrible?) My mom took the dwarf gourami that was pestering my betta and the goldfish that outgrew the tank back to the store. It's wonderful to see the change in Charlemagne! He swims all around the tank now!!! Before, he'd just stay at the very top, with timid venturings down to the bottom that stopped whenever the goldfish swam by. We're going to get some more neon tetras, and maybe a few mollies.

6. FlyfrodValued MemberMember

shoulld have been MW or microworms. I also have walterworms too.

7. redlessiWell Known MemberMember

Did my 3 tanks yesterday. I also have the lee ultimate gravel vacuum siphon (python knock off) and it works fine for me.

8. funkman262Well Known MemberMember

Thanks. Still trying to get all the acronyms down lol

9. cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

Wow I started a hot topic lol. Funny thing? Is I haven't gotten to mine yet LOL I'll probably wait until the boy is down for the count tonight (in about an hour)

My tanks are tiny, so it's buckets for me :)

10. bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

I'm up for a 50% on both tanks tonight. :(
    Massive ammonia problems atm, so it's been daily pwc for a week now.
    Changing 36g of water every day is quite the pain in the :;bb

11. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

I just moved so the tanks all had 100% WC's :p
    However starting thursday I'll have 8 new tanks that will be needing daily WC's... that's on top of a few extra water changes in the rest of the tanks until I sort out the mess from moving (soil under gravel substrates don't move really well :p)

12. bubblynutterWell Known MemberMember

One word - wow. :eek:

13. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

No... MM is wow :p

14. broncosno1New MemberMember

uggh

my addictive personality has other around me thinking im nsane i bet. 25 % water change every 2 days. i feed my babies a LOT which means lots of cleaning.

15. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

I didn't do a change with all of you yesterday but I got a 25% one tonight and probably a scrubbing down of a tank which will be temporarily decommissioned for 2 weeks or so to make it fit for fish again. (I'm a bit paranoid about this so it will be cleaned and cleaned and cleaned!).
    Usually they are all done on Sat morning when I have the time, but recently they are all staggered due to deaths, meds & fish shuffles! It's all fun!