Chris123 Well Known Member Member

I do mine constantly. I tell you those buckets are heavy lol
    CB

4. funkman262

funkman262 Well Known Member Member

I just do a 100% wc every 4 weeks

5. lyndra

lyndra Valued Member Member

I did mine last night but for some odd reason the plants in one tank are dropping guck so I probably be trying to vaccum that up again tonight... I couldn't get it all in a typical 25%. Wc

6. kcarmartinez

kcarmartinez Valued Member Member

One word........... Python ;)

Only doing one tank today. 25%

7. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

2 words I'm broke lol

8. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I did 5 tanks last night, will be doing 6 tanks tonight.

Mine are spaced out Mon-Thurs so all tanks get done before the weekend starts.

9. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

mine are tomorrow..python wont fit my fancy sinks...but hey it comes with the obsession right? (buckets stink though!) LOL

10. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I do water changes EVERY day lol......I also had shipments go out today...

11. Shawnie

none to me for once!!!!!!! :p LOL

12. funkman262

Ever try using a hose on the shower? And it's cheaper than the python.

13. Shawnie

yes sirdarksol suggested that and it wont fit either....I know there is some hardware we can buy but the bf doesnt want to mess with the fancy nozzles so ive comprimised (seeing how he lets me have so many tanks) and just deals with the buckets...:whistling:

14. Algae Eater

Algae Eater Well Known Member Member

Yup, I did my two 10 gallon betta tanks and topped off the 55.

15. lyndra

lyndra Valued Member Member

Anyone else have problems with their cats at waterchange? My cats ruined a bucket of water I was trying to get to the right tempreture by playing in it and spilling half of it, leaving a nice layer of hair in the water..... Then when I was using the syphon, one was batting at the water surface and knocked the hose out of the bucket and onto the towel... Wetting the carpet.

16. Shawnie

my dogs drink out of mine(old fish tank water) if i leave it sitting on the floor LOL ;:barf
    but you can use warm water from your tap mixed with cold to get it just right ;)

17. funkman262

When I get home later, I could post some pics of what I did.

As for the fancy nozzles, you have two options that I know of and there's not much needed for either and they're real simple to set up and easy to use.

1st option: Simply connecting a diverter to the shower. The shower-head stays in place and when you need to do a water change, you screw in the hose, click a button and it diverts the water from the shower-head to the hose. Cost, about $15 plus hose I believe.

2nd option. This is what I did. I purchased a 1/2"(female)-to-3/4"(male) connector for the shower. Then I got a quick-connect kit that comes with 1/2" connectors. You screw the 1/2"(male) connector to the shower and a 1/2"(female) to to the shower-head and you can just click the shower-head on (or simply pull to remove). Then for the hose, you need a 3/4"(female)-to-1/2"(male). Then you can connect the 1/2"(female) quick connect to the hose and voila. When you want to doa water change, you simply pull off the shower-head and click in the hose. Cost, I think it was about $12 plus hose.

This probably doesn't make any sense the way I babbled on but if anyone wants me to explain it better, let me know and I'll try to come up with a step-by-step with pictures and all of the materials needed.

18. Shawnie

sounds faboo!! and pics and explanations in detail ( I am a woman remember LOL) would be awesome too! just pm me if thats ok so we dont hijack anymore ;D

19. funkman262

woops :;fim Apparently I have a nasty trend of doing that lately. Sorry all.

:;lg By the way, I hope nobody took this seriously. I was actually expecting to get a bashing for this one lol. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a 25% water change tomorrow. I think it's been about 1.5 weeks and the API test shows that the nitrates haven't really changed since after my last water change ??? But i guess you can't fully rely on those things anyway.

20. kcarmartinez

kcarmartinez Valued Member Member

Funkman... I was going to say something about feeling bad if I wait a week and a half between WC, but I decided not to touch that one! ;D

I'm cheap, (I got the Lee's Deluxe Syphon which is the Python rip-off) It was worth the money to me for my 75G. But is a lot to shell out at one time. My smaller tanks still usually get buckets. Two gallons at a time because I am a weakling.

Think of all those arm muscles you are building with those water changes!