Water box pump

koikoibetta

Member
Hello all
Recently decided to start another 10g and got the waterbox cube 10.
It’s great but the only thing I’m regretting is the pump that came with it. After a few days it started to rattle a lot. Looking around I found out that this is a known problem with waterbox pumps. I haven’t contacted customer service yet but tbh I think if I’m sent a replacement it will happen again, so just in case do y’all have any recommendations for water pumps that are good for a 10g?
 

Sanderguy777

Member
koikoibetta said:
Hello all
Recently decided to start another 10g and got the waterbox cube 10.
It’s great but the only thing I’m regretting is the pump that came with it. After a few days it started to rattle a lot. Looking around I found out that this is a known problem with waterbox pumps. I haven’t contacted customer service yet but tbh I think if I’m sent a replacement it will happen again, so just in case do y’all have any recommendations for water pumps that are good for a 10g?
Are you wanting a submersible pump like the ones for ponds (obviously small enough for a 10g), a powerhead, or a circulation pump?

Honestly, anything that small will be hard to find. Depending on what you need to do with it, they make small HOB filters that would not be too crazy for that size tank.
If you wanted the powerhead, you could get a tiny one, and then put a sponge pre-filter on it to slow the current even more. Maybe a spray bar too it you REALLY don't want water movement
 

Flyfisha

Member
The original pump might have a sticker on it . As well as other numbers you should find a number with GPH or LPH ( gallons per hour / litres ) written after it.
If not something like 40 gallons per hour would be ample.
 

kallililly1973

Member
If you have room with the lid I would just upgrade to say an Aquaclear 20-30 it’ll be good filtration for a tank that size. Also it’ll give u more room inside the tank instead of having a pump taking up space inside the tank. Post pics when your able to !!
 
  • Thread Starter

koikoibetta

Member
Sanderguy777 said:
Are you wanting a submersible pump like the ones for ponds (obviously small enough for a 10g), a powerhead, or a circulation pump?

Honestly, anything that small will be hard to find. Depending on what you need to do with it, they make small HOB filters that would not be too crazy for that size tank.
If you wanted the powerhead, you could get a tiny one, and then put a sponge pre-filter on it to slow the current even more. Maybe a spray bar too it you REALLY don't want water movement
yea a submersible/return pump. i dont think they are that hard to find just looking if anyone knows of any brands that are more quiet

kallililly1973 said:
If you have room with the lid I would just upgrade to say an Aquaclear 20-30 it’ll be good filtration for a tank that size. Also it’ll give u more room inside the tank instead of having a pump taking up space inside the tank. Post pics when your able to !!
the thing is if i use a hob filter it would kinda make the whole build in sump area kinda useless so thts why id like to still use a return pump

yea i love aquaclear hob filters but the waterbox has a built in sump so itd kinda make the whole expense kinda not worth it if i didnt use it XD

and i just realized i replied to you twice lol
 
  • Thread Starter

koikoibetta

Member
Flyfisha said:
The original pump might have a sticker on it . As well as other numbers you should find a number with GPH or LPH ( gallons per hour / litres ) written after it.
If not something like 40 gallons per hour would be ample.
yea just looking for any recommended brands anyone may know of :)
 

Sanderguy777

Member
koikoibetta said:
yea just looking for any recommended brands anyone may know of :)
Sunsun makes circulation pumps that are good (no idea if they make other types).
Odyssea makes nice powerheads that could be configured to be used like a submersible pump.

Could you post a photo that shows what system you have? I know you said its a type of internal sump, but it would be nice to see what the pump has to do. I looked at their website, but they just show a black background and little pointer dots with "adjustable pump" and "filter media" labels LOL
 

AcornTheBetta

Member
Maybe a sicce pump? Just a suggestion. They are very nice and effective.
 
Top Bottom