Watchman Goby In Evo?

Fshloover
I have been looking at watchman gobys at my lfs and I wonder if I would be able to put one in my 13.5 fluval evo? I have two ocollaris clownfish in my tank and a shrimp. + coral

PoorBigBlue
I personally wouldn't, but you might be able to get away with it. Some species of Watchman Gobys can get up to around 6" - the Yellow Watchman Gobys stay smaller, maxing at around 4" or so. But, with 2 clowns, you're already looking at 2 3-4" fish when they're full-grown, and that's already not leaving a ton of wiggle room in your tank. Add another one, and I'd say you're on the brink of being overstocked, if not over the edge a bit.

Then there's also the issue of the clowns already being established in the tank - they're likely to be territorial, and won't appreciate a new fish in their tank. They might bully the new comer to death, or at least force him into hiding. If you did add another fish, you'd probably have to remove the clowns from the tank, rescape, and then add all the fish at once.

Fshloover
Ok thanks for the input. Probley won’t add the yellow watchman goby. Just wanted to add that I have a protin skimmer and a refugium if that makes any difference.
PoorBigBlue said:
I personally wouldn't, but you might be able to get away with it. Some species of Watchman Gobys can get up to around 6" - the Yellow Watchman Gobys stay smaller, maxing at around 4" or so. But, with 2 clowns, you're already looking at 2 3-4" fish when they're full-grown, and that's already not leaving a ton of wiggle room in your tank. Add another one, and I'd say you're on the brink of being overstocked, if not over the edge a bit.

Then there's also the issue of the clowns already being established in the tank - they're likely to be territorial, and won't appreciate a new fish in their tank. They might bully the new comer to death, or at least force him into hiding. If you did add another fish, you'd probably have to remove the clowns from the tank, rescape, and then add all the fish at once.

Jesterrace
I agree the watchman goby would make a mess in a smaller tank. If you want a goby I would go with a Rainsford/Court Jester Goby:

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom