Watchman Goby (Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msg

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Purchased a Watchman last every thing went smooth. Quickly started sifting sand and was looking good. Now I can't find him anywhere inside or outside the tank. Do I have to tank the tank apart to make sure his not dead somewhere or is this common with theses type of fish

OP
M

Msg

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I hope your right. That's a shame cause thier kool looking fish. I guess I'll keep checking levels and keep an eye out thanks for the reply

Chunk101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello and welcome to the forum

Not knowing anything about this fish, It IS really cool looking.

Don't mean to side track you but it states on your profile that you do not know the Nitrogen cycle. If this is still true, then you should read up on it.

Best wishes

Charley

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I got my Watchman Goby and first put it in the tank (a peaceful community FOWLR) some of the other fish were, to my surprise) aggressive to it. The fish hid in some rocks and every now and then when it would come out, the others would chase it again. After 2 days, I didn't see it anymore and thought it was hiding in the rocks. After a week, still no sign and I feared the worst. Later that week, I was cleaning the refugium tank, and the Watchman Goby was in there! My best guess is that it jumped into the overflow tank and took a ride down the tubing. I kept it there for a few weeks, feeding it and watching it grow. After it was a little bigger, I put it back in the main tank and all the other fish have left it alone. It still spends lots of times hiding in the rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom