Watch the tv or tank?

tan.b
i'm really bored....
it seems I spend more time watching my tanks than watching tv, so if I had to choose between the 2 it would prob be my tanks!!

Jimold
definitly the tank...

COBettaCouple
we'd keep the tanks and i'd point the tv remote at them to channel surf everyday to satisfy that primal urge! :

atmmachine816
Well I don't watch TV now.........except 24 so that's a no brainer for me.

Tom
That's tough for me since I loooooove to watch t.v., even if there isn't anything on, I will find something to watch.
Tom

griffin
well, I don't have a tv, so I guess i'd rather keep my tank as opposed to my non-existent tv

Gargoyle
Tank.... My computer has made TV obsolete...The only reason I have one is so my kid can watch cartoons.. If I had my way I would not have a phone either.. ;D

But my wonderful tank would have to stay... If I was homeless I would have my tank in my box with me. ;D

COBettaCouple
well, I don't have a tv, so I guess i'd rather keep my tank as opposed to my non-existent tv

I bet even on a non-existent tv there's nothing on.

griffin
Radcliffe
Ha ha ha ha ha! I am the only one so far who voted to keep the TV!

I watch movies, watch shows, and play games on my tv, even sometimes have slideshows of photos.
Does it count that I have more tanks than I do tvs?

--R, giggling

Neville
This is the toughest poll i've ever encountered!!!! Really................ I can't decide which one I am going to keep...................Can I choose both :-\??????

tan.b
This is the toughest poll i've ever encountered!!!! Really................ I can't decide which one I am going to keep...................Can I choose both :-\??????
no a decision has to be made or I'll inform the fish aliens of your non-compliance!!!!

Neville
no a decision has to be made or I'll inform the fish aliens of your non-compliance!!!!

OH NO!!! OMG, Please don't do that .......ok....i'll keep the tanks..............(it was such a nice T.V.)

tan.b
OH NO!!! OMG, Please don't do that .......ok....i'll keep the tanks..............(it was such a nice T.V.)
lol!!

Muffymouse
Not a nice question, but lots of fun at the same time =)

Joy44
I watch my fish much more often than the TV. When I got my 2nd fish tank my husband actaully asked me how I was going to decide what tank to sit in front of!

tan.b
I watch my fish much more often than the TV.  When I got my 2nd fish tank my husband actaully asked me how I was going to decide what tank to sit in front of! 
mine said that too! I now have a chair positioned between them all! and don't have time to follow the tv programmes cos i'm too busy being distracted by the fish! ;D ;D

tan.b
I like to exercise those brain cells!! ;D

COBettaCouple
I watch my fish much more often than the TV. When I got my 2nd fish tank my husband actaully asked me how I was going to decide what tank to sit in front of!
mine said that too! I now have a chair positioned between them all! and don't have time to follow the tv programmes cos i'm too busy being distracted by the fish! ;D ;D

lol, we just positioned ours all around the bed and all around the computer. I think some of them are tv watchers.

Neville
I watch my fish much more often than the TV.  When I got my 2nd fish tank my husband actaully asked me how I was going to decide what tank to sit in front of! 

lol, we just positioned ours all around the bed and all around the computer.  I think some of them are tv watchers.

Yeah fish watch T.V. Really.....especially Discovery Channel, Nat Geo and Animal Planet...........U guys didn't know ????

vin
Sorry, have to say TV.....Can't live without the 50"HD and baseball.......

tan.b
Sorry, have to say TV.....Can't live without the 50"HD and baseball.......
ahhhhhhhhhhh, now since I don't have a flash tv like you, I could easily live without mine! spent all my cash on tanks.....none left for a nice tv :'(!!

tan.b
Yeah fish watch T.V. Really.....especially Discovery Channel, Nat Geo and Animal Planet...........U guys didn't know ????

my loach watches tweenies!! when tweenies comes on it charges up and down the side tank glass that faces the tv!! loopy fish!!
need to get my galaxies watching the discovery channel (or any animal copulation programme!!)

COBettaCouple
LOL.. Aslan used to love watching football games, but now he has a harder time seeing the TV with the room rearranged. One of the new Bettas we picked up at the show is showing a lot of interest in the 2nd monitor on the computer desk (it's beside her tank.) but when it starts getting later, she'll go into her castle and every now and then come out and look at me before swimming back in (as if to say 'go to bed and turn that thing off'.

Muffymouse
I like to exercise those brain cells!! ;D

I like to exercise my brain cells too!! I just do it while on the bus, on my way to work and just before going to bed!! I love to read. As a kid that's how my parents punished me, by taking away my books. ;D Now there are some shows I like, but I could not give up my babies. If it were a choice that truly had to be made, I would vote for the fish to stay, but since I don't actually have to choose... I Win!! : (not saying no one else can win, but as Queen of Everything 8)) I ALWAYS win, hehe)

armadillo
No hesitation whatsoever: keep tank. We don't have TV!!! Am very proud that I was too lazy to get connected 3 yrs ago when I moved, and we ended up never sorting it out, and are very happy about it. Of course, we download/rent loads of DVD. Does that still count as no TV?

Jimold
Armadillo, DVD's don't have commercials... so it's definitly NOT television!
Plus, I'd rather watch DVD's on my computer. (I have a widescreen monitor and better speakers on the computer).

armadillo
he he he. Indeed, and you can choose what DVD you watch, rather than zap and hope there's something on. I have to say it's done us a world of good, as now we have more spare time. Instead of the immediate - and really tempting - couch potato reflex. We have no regret. Will be a different story if we ever have kids. Will need the electronic baby-sitter then!

vin
Armadillo, DVD's don't have commercials... so it's definitly NOT television! 
Plus, I'd rather watch DVD's on my computer.  (I have a widescreen monitor and better speakers on the computer). 

Jim, have you seen any recent DVDs lately? I think my son just got one that had a PepsI commercial on it and if I'm not mistaken, my Borat DVD had some sort of commercial too.....Is nothing sacred????

Jimold
Vin, I just bought Apocalypto, and it didn't have any commercials. So far I haven't seen one, and I think i'd snap the DVD in half if I did...lol >

COBettaCouple
commercials in DVDs? this is what dvd-rippers are for!

vin
Vin, I just bought Apocalypto, and it didn't have any commercials.  So far I haven't seen one, and I think i'd snap the DVD in half if I did...lol   >

Any "Coming soon to DVD" previews??? Those little devils are commercials in disguise!!! The kids DVDs are the worst when it comes to those!!!

Jimold
Previews are OK... it's a tradition... but a PepsI commercial on a DVD is sacrilege

vin
A travesty!!!

sgould
I think the aliens are somehow responsible.

COBettaCouple
I think the aliens are somehow responsible.

It's the first step in their plan to destroy us! commercials - they're not just dumb and obnoxious - they're an evil plot!!

griffin

tan.b
I hate the preview trailers, especially on kids dvds, and even worse is when they won't let you fast forward/skip them and "force" you to watch them! by the time the film you actually wanted comes on you and the kids and got bored and found something else to do! : def better to rip and burn just the film without all at the beginning!
EDIT: purely as a "back-up" of course...not breaching any copyright laws

COBettaCouple
I hate the preview trailers, especially on kids dvds, and even worse is when they won't let you fast forward/skip them and "force" you to watch them! by the time the film you actually wanted comes on you and the kids and got bored and found something else to do! : def better to rip and burn just the film without all at the beginning!

Plus you're not forced to sit there looking at the "don't copy this or ELSE!" screens over & over..

tan.b

Plus you're not forced to sit there looking at the "don't copy this or ELSE!" screens over & over..
so true!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
  • Poll
Replies
Views
CoryMac
Replies
Views
juniperlea