Was it just me ...

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have been trying to pull up fishlore off and on today and just now got you! Power failure continues today as well I guess...sooooooooooooo annoying! I'm spoiled now, and even though I'm new, I'm hooked. I'm in Texas 106 degrees today...that is hot even for us!
Denise

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
... or did anyone else have this problem this evening (around 7-10pm ET)? FishLore website could not load for me for around 3 hours. My internet connection is fine and I was able to load any website, as usual. But for some reason, FishLore.com would NOT load, no matter how many times I tried. So, was it just me? If not just me, what could have caused this?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmm ... maybe the server was down? (Even now the website works kind of slowly for me.)

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I thought so at first but I suspect there was a wider outage than that, since at least one other place I visit was also down for the same amount of time.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah - there was a power outage in the location of the web servers for many hours yesterday. They supposedly have generators for backup but it was such a long power outage that the generators finally gave out and hence, no access to fishlore and many other websites.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ahh ... so it was the power outage ... happens, what can you do ... That's nothing compared to the blackout that we had in NYC a while ago. I remember the entire city was so dark at night. It's NEVER dark in NYC; even at night the city is illuminated by the sheer amount of lights it has. But that night, it was so dark (and quiet) ... you could clearly see the stars in the night sky (which you don't see a lot in NYC). But it was actually fun ... my family and my neighbors chatted the entire night sitting outside by candles and lamps

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Power outages can really put things in perspective in how so much of our lives now is dependent on electricity - Our fish tanks, tv, radio, computers, etc, etc.

ATM - I noticed that the response times on the site were sloooow as well and sent off a help request to the server dudes asking what's up. Maybe something got messed up with the power failure. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's worse today than it was last night. Sometimes I can't even get on to fishlore and it takes forever to load. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Me to!! and as everyone knows I have to have at least a daily fishLore fix
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Had 98F in shade and 105F in the sun in my backyard today. With temperatures like this, I won't be surprised if NY gets another blackout (all the A/C's turned on throughout the city and the state make it way too much power usage to handle).

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ever since I began this thread, Fish Lore has been working slowly for me. And today, again, it didn't work at all. Some really long power failures!

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep - they had another power failure. Go figure. It seems to be working much faster now... Please let me know if you experience otherwise and I'll contact the server dudes again.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I must say I am very lucky to have the power on now. A lot of people in NYC, city-wide, have been without power for the last couple of days. It's so humid here and they can't turn their a/c's on. Imagine sleeping at night with a temperature of 80F and above. The weather is so terrible here. All of these poor people without any cooling ... Plus, in many districts, even the traffic lights don't work!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom